The purpose of this survey is to collect information to evaluate what programs we need to start, stop or continue, in order to support our Parish Community during the pandemic.
Note: This information will be used for internal purposes only and not shared with outside agencies without your consent.
As you may know, we have launched several programs since the pandemic, and on June 17th we started to celebrate Public Masses in our church. Alberta Health Services [AHS] guidelines state that we can accommodate as many parishioners in church as we can, provided that physical distancing is maintained. Due to the physical limitations of our church, we are able to accommodate a little over 50 people, in order to maintain physical distancing.
We have only been able to offer two weekday Masses (Wednesday and Friday at 9:00 am) and one Sunday Mass (11:00 am) as we require a minimum of 8 volunteers at each Mass in order to fulfill the requirements of AHS for contact tracing, physical distancing and sanitation.
The opening up of the church to full capacity is undetermined at this time. In light of this, we are seeking your input on your plans to return to Mass.
We want to know:
- Do we open up more masses because more people will attend?
- Do we explore new programs because you are not returning to mass?
- Do we keep the status quo?
- Do we continue doing what we are doing? (keep one mass and continue with the programs)
Before you fill out this survey, we want to share the following protocols that we have in place. These protocols are in place to protect you and everyone else that attends Mass.
- All parishioners wanting to receive Communion MUST wear a face mask. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one when you come to Church.
- Communion will only be given in the hand.
- We adhere to physical distancing rules – seating is marked off to respect physical distancing and everyone will be ushered to a seat.
- Hand Sanitizing stations are set up throughout the church.
- Attendance at Mass (hence registration) is taken to facilitate Contact Tracing if necessary. (Attendance records are only kept for 14 days and then shredded)
Social gatherings – no congregating in the church – practicing social distancing must be followed.