St. Rita’s Ladies Group expresses our love of Christ through service at St. Pius X Parish by volunteering our time, talents and resources for funeral receptions and fund raisers for various projects and charities while enjoying the fun and fellowship of our members
Express our love of Christ by donating comfort items and financial support to organizations helping those enduring impossible situations in their lives.
Monetary – Varies but has included the following:
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Canadian Legacy Project (Veteran’s food bank)
- Reset Society (formerly Servant’s Anonymous)
- YMCA Mary Dover House
- The Community Kitchen
- The Diocesan Priests Retirement Fund
- Rosedale Hospice – Children’s grief counselling
Comfort and Support
- Baby Layettes are given to Kara Centre and St. Vincent de Paul Society to be given out as required. Each layette includes a Baby Blanket, 2 Receiving Blankets, 2 Sleepers, 2 Onesies, 1 Towel, 2 Bibs, 2 pairs of Socks, 2 Wash cloths and a Toy.
- Manna Ministry – 50 Loaves of sandwiches are made by members and donated twice per year. Supply Buns for two Mustard Seed dinners put on by St. Pius X Manna Ministry group.
- Children’s cottage – children’s clothing & winterwear
- Veteran’s food bank – toiletries and gift cards.
- Avenue 15 (Boys and Girls club of Calgary) – Christmas gifts of toiletries and clothing
- Contribute towards special projects and needs of both the church and hall of St. Pius X parish.
We also provide assistance to other charitable or worthwhile projects in our church or as the need arises through special request.
- Funerals – We will host and provide food and beverages for funeral receptions. There is a recommended donation per person depending on the service required (please click the link for more details)
- Pies made by the members and sold twice yearly
New members are welcome. Please contact our Leader for more information.
Being part of one of the service groups at St Pius X means that you are also serving Christ and the Church! You are welcome to join our vibrant community! Please fill out our Ministry Sign Up online form to register with one of the Ministries and Groups.