Due to the Covid19 pandemic, our Parish, like many others, have had to make some changes to our ways of work. The Parish office staff is working from home and our website will be your main source of information over the coming days and weeks. Refer to it often, as it is continually being updated. Please check on your fellow Parishioners, especially the elderly or those who do not have access to the internet. Give them a call and let them know the latest news. In the meantime, we will try to answer your most frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- Is the Parish office open?
During July and August, the Office will be open on Fridays for limited hours. Contact the office (voicemail or email) for more details.
- Is the Church open?
When the office is open, the church will also be open for private prayer.
- I hear that the Grocery Card Fundraiser is up and running. How do I purchase Grocery cards?
At the present time, contact the office (voicemail or email) to arrange to purchase grocery cards. At the present time, due to social distancing, we will only be accepting credit cards. Starting July 3rd, grocery cards will only be available for purchase/pick up on Fridays between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm.
- I have signed on to FORMED.org, but I miss our Parish Community. Will there be any ‘Food in the Desert’ for those of us looking for spiritual community?
Parish Council has heard your request and is working with Deacon Dan on several ways that our Parish community can participate in Faith formation and spiritual growth. Stay tuned to the website and to your emails.
- While I have been ‘going to mass’ via livestreaming, I would like to include a little of St Pius X Parish with mass. Can you send me a copy of ‘St Pius X Parish Prayer’?
- I miss Father Ben’s homilies, can you send one to me?
Check out ‘This week in the Parish’ for Father Ben’s homily for the current Sunday.
- My children miss Children’s Liturgy. Is there something that I can do?
Check out the ‘Children’s Liturgy’ (under Ministries) on the website. We have posted a number of activities for the children, that are appropriate for their Faith Formation.
- I have a Mass Intention scheduled. Will the mass be said for my Intention?
Yes. Father Ben will be saying mass daily, although some masses are still private. If your Mass Intention is scheduled for one of our Public Masses (Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00 am or Sundays at 11:00 am), you are welcome to attend but please register for Mass to ensure that the church is not over capacity on that day.
Check out ‘This week in the Parish’ for the current Mass Intentions.
The office will continue to schedule Mass Intentions, if you contact them (email or voicemail).
- I still have my donation for ‘Together in Action’ at home. I know that there is a still a need, perhaps even more so now, so how can I get my donation to the Parish?
You can give with a credit card to TIA by going onto the Diocesan website under ‘Give’. Click here to start. Please indicate your Parish, (St Pius X Parish, Calgary) so that it goes towards our Parish goal.
If you prefer, you can send your cheque to our Parish. The address is 2424 24 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 2A2. The Office staff will be monitoring the mail.
- I don’t have email but want to know what is going on. What do I do?
Our website will be the best source of information, as we are trying to update it whenever there is something new.
If you really need a phone call, let us know and we will do our best to keep you informed. You can leave a voicemail message with the office.
The office staff is monitoring and responding to voicemail messages.
- I want to continue to support the Parish with my Sunday donation. What can I do?
There are a couple of ways to do this.
- Set up a Pre-Authorized Donation (PAD) to the Parish. PAD Forms are available on the website. You can mail the completed form to the Church (2424 24 AVE NW, Calgary AB T2M 2A2) or call the office and leave a voicemail message that you want to be contacted about a PAD.
- You can donate on line through the Diocesan website and click the button ‘Donate to your Parish’. The Diocese will issue you a tax receipt, not the Parish.
- We now have e-transfer through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the memo line where you would like to direct your donation, e.g. Sunday collection, TIA, etc
- You can also mail your cheque to the Parish. The office staff is monitoring the mail.
- I usually make a couple of loaves of sandwiches for Sandwich weekend as I know that there is still a need to feed the hungry. So what is happening with our monthly Sandwich weekend?
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 (Corona-Virus) situation the Monthly Sandwich Project is cancelled until further notice.
- I was attending the ‘Symbolon’ series, which is now cancelled. Do you have anything for Faith Formation that we can do at home during these trying times?
Deacon Dan has signed the Parish up for FORMED. This website has lots of Catholic resources that you will find useful. The sign up is free and the process is simple. Go to FORMED.org and follow these instructions:
- Press on ‘I belong to Parish or Organization’
- Create a New Account – Find your Parish – the easiest way is to type our postal code T2M 2A2 or else you will searching through a lot of St Pius churches. We are listed as ‘St Pius X Catholic Church (2424 24 Ave NW Calgary AB)
- Enter your email and now you are in. Pick up where you left off on Symbolon and/or search out something new. There is lots of Children content there as well.
- I hear that our St Vincent de Paul Society is continuing to respond to Food hamper requests and that the number of requests has been increasing at this time. What can I do to help?
Thank you for reaching out to others. You can mail a cheque to the Parish (make it out to St Vincent de Paul Society, so we know where it has to go) and we will ensure that they receive the funds or make a donation through the National St Vincent de Paul website. See also the ‘Donate’ page on our website.